Positive Muslim News

News about good things Muslims are doing in North America and around the world.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Muslim Congressman Excels in Foreign Outreach

Salam/Peace:

The first Muslim member of the U.S. Congress has become a de facto American emissary, meeting with foreign policy makers both here and abroad to preach peace and democracy.

Rep. Keith Ellison, a Democrat, had already developed an international reputation when he took his oath of office on the Quran last year. In his first term in office, he has built on that with congressional trips, State Department functions and internationally themed town hall meetings in his district.

"Peace is a key component of what I'm here to do," he said in a recent interview. "The overarching idea is that the world is safer if America has more friends, more understanding, more basis for communication.

Read the whole article at:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,411781,00.html

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AOA Samana,

    I appreciate that you've picked up a very progressive topic for your blogs. Its simply wonderful and need of the time.

    Is it somehow possible that I can get your articles as RSS feed in my website - www.findingislam.com.

    allah haafiz.
    ~Humayun Rashid
    Los Angeles

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger omeriqbal said…

    Assalamu Alaykum Samana,

    I was wondering if I can help you somehow, for example, by also making posts or somehow sending you interesting news links.

    I do news analyses on my website (www.omeriqbal.com), so in the process, I read a lot of news. I can send you positive news so that you can post them here.

    Let me know what you think.

    You can see some of the recent ones on my site at blogs.omeriqbal.com/news.

    Thank you and best wishes,
    Omer

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Samana Siddiqui said…

    Walaikum as Salam wa Rahmatullah Br. Omer:

    Jazak Allah for the offer. Yes, please do send me the links. However, I would prefer that you email them to me first and I get a chance to review them before posting. Is there an email address you can post? I do not want to give my email address on my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home