Positive Muslim News

News about good things Muslims are doing in North America and around the world.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Muslim teen honored for saving blind man's life

Salam/Peace:

Osman Hersi dismissed his own fears to save the life of a blind man who had fallen to the tracks at the Sheppard subway station and lay unconscious.

And yesterday the 17-year-old student was honoured by the TTC for his bravery.

Surrounded by family and friends, Hersi told TTC commissioners what happened at 8:25 a.m. on June 8 while on his way to school.

"When he fell in, I thought to myself, `Get this guy out as quick and as safe as possible,'" Hersi said. "I knew the third rail had electricity, so I tried to avoid that. When I jumped in, I lifted up the guy, who was unconscious. I jumped up myself. And a minute or so later, the train came."

Read the whole article at:
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1125526233192&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home&DPL=IvsNDS%2f7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home